Commissioned works include:
· Piano concerto and Symphony for the Worthing Symphony Society
· Four Gaelic Moods (string quartet and clarsach) for the Navigator Foundation in Boston USA
· ‘Severn Rides for Severn Lovers’: a musical for the Kidderminster Choral Society
· ‘Lost Dances of Shinagag’ for the Yehudi Menuhin School.
· Other works include a Festival Overture, a large choral setting of ‘The Emperor and the Nightingale’, 24 preludes for piano, published by Robertons, and a series of Russian Tableaux broadcast on Radio 3 in 1983.
I have worked with children for over thirty years, arranging a wide variety of music for them, and creating dramatic productions. One of these, ‘Sixtus V’, has been expanded into a full-length drama, running at Doncaster Little Theatre in 2006.
I completed an MA in Film Music at Leeds University in 2003. This involved the composition of a new orchestral film score for the 1940s film ‘Belle et Bete’. I have since lectured on the history of film scoring at Leeds University.